|La Quinta Arts Foundation introduced La Quinta Blues & Brews to the Coachella Valley in 2007 and the event has been gaining in popularity each year since.|
Presented in partnership with Premier Sponsor City of La Quinta, this annual event showcases prominent Blues performers, craft beers and great food in the spectacular outdoor setting of La Quinta Civic Center Park.
When: Saturday, November 9, 2013 11am to 5pm
How Much: $TBA
Children: Under 12 Free
- Under 21 Must be accompanied by an adult
Where: La Quinta Civic Center Campus
Directions: From I-10 or Hwy. 111 take Washington Street
- South to Calle Tampico and follow the signs
Bring: Lawn Chairs or Blankets
Refreshments: Great Food Available for Purchase! See Menus Below.
Reminders: No Smoking, No Coolers, Food, or Pets Allowed, and in the event of inclement weather no refunds will be given. No video/audio recording or photography allowed without advance written consent of La Quinta Arts Foundation.
Discover the roots of American music! We’re presenting Southern California’s Blues Legends to entertain you all day. Check back often for updates on the 2013 lineup.
Imagine 30 cold frosty brews for your tasting pleasure. Discover the unique qualities of the various beer styles and how they compliment and enhance food. Learn more about beer styles and brands available at the event below!
BEERS AVAILABLE AT LA QUINTA BREWS AND BLUES
European Lagers are similar to American lagers, except most, if not all European lagers are brewed using only water, yeast, hops, and barley, with no adjuncts. Unlike most American lagers, that use rice or corn adjuncts to produce a cleaner finish.
European Lagers: Stella Artois, Beck’s, Beck’s Oktoberfest
Ale is the oldest kind of beer. Study the different styles from pale ale to porter. Ale is produced with bottom fermenting Yeast, and is brewed with at a higher temperature. This produces more complex and flavorful beers.
Craft Ales: Redhook Ale, Fat Tire, Firestone Double Barrel Ale, Humbolt Hemp Ale
Weizen is an unfiltered German style wheat beer, also known as Hefeweizen. Similar to Wit beer, with more pronounced citrus and spice flavors. Wit is a spiced Belgian style unfiltered wheat beer. Orange and coriander are popular.
Hefeweizen and Belgium style Wit beers: Widmer Hefeweizen, Shock Top, B.L. Wheat, Hoegaarden
European Ales are brewed in the same style as American ales, and are served at a warmer temperature, and contain a rich aroma and flavor.
European Ales: Leffe
American Fruit beers have been infused with fruit, and lime, and in the case of Chelada, lime, Clamato, and spices, to enhance flavor.
Fruit infused: Bud Light Lime, Ultra Lime Cactus, Landshark, Chelada
Stouts and Porters
Stouts and Porters are very similar with dark color and deep malt. Porters may display more pronounced hops.
Porter: Kona Pipeline Porter
Lager beer is produced with a bottom fermenting yeast. It is fermented at lower temperatures than ales. Lager beers are aged longer than ales, and the result is simple, clean beer.
Craft Lagers: Anchor Steam Beer, Kona Long Board Lager, Stone Mill Organic Lager
Designated Driver Program: La Quinta Blues & Brews promotes Responsible Drinking! Valid ID’s are required and will be checked. Nominate a Designated Driver who can sip O’Douls and water for free! Let LQAF and O’Douls make sure you and yours arrive home safely.
Special thanks to Heimark Distributing and O’Douls – Drink Responsibly!
Not a beer fan – no worries! We’ve got you covered with a great selection of premier wines from local favorite .
You’ll want something delicious to eat while you are listening to the great music and enjoying all the varieties of beer. We have you covered with fabulous fare from great La Quinta Restaurants!
- Fish & Chips (Alaskan Cod in beer batter with homemade chips) @ $9.00
- Cajun Salmon Caesar Salad (Chilled, served on a bed of Romaine lettuce) @ $9.00
- Mahi Mahi Tacos (Charbroiled, served in a 6″ corn tortilla with cabbage & secret sauce) @ $9.00
- Mahi Mahi Sliders (Charbroiled, served on King’s Hawaiian rolls, cabbage & secret sauce) @ $9.00
- Albacore lettuce wraps (Homemade albacore tuna salad served w/ lettuce cups) @ $9.00
- Sodas and Bottled Water @ $2.00
Baja Louie’s Mexican Cantina
- Chips & Salsa $4
- Deluxe Chips & Salsa, guacamole, sour cream $7
- Deluxe Nachos $9
- Chicken or Beef Burrito (served with Chips & Salsa) $9
- Chicken or Beef Tacos (served with Chips & Salsa) $9
West Coast Hofbrau BBQ – Serving delicious smoked BBQ favorites!
- 1/2 Rack Smoked BBQ Ribs $12
- Pulled BBQ Pork or Chicken Sliders $10
- Polish, Brat or Louisiana Hot Sausages served with “California Kraut” $10
(All above served with homemade kettle chips)
- Fried Pickles with Ranch $5
- German Nachos – Kettle Chips, Chopped Sausage, Sour Cream, Green Onions $8
Need Accommodations? Spend the Weekend in La Quinta!
The Embassy Suites La Quinta Resort & Spa is conveniently located right across the street from the event venue. Book early to secure your reservation by calling 1-888-386-1126 and mention La Quinta Blues & Brews for a special rate. Click here to view the resort.
La Quinta Arts Foundation Pets Policy
We love our pets, but LQAF Annual Events are not the places for them. LQAF has adopted a policy of “no pets” at its Annual Events. Our pet policy does not, however, apply to service animals assisting individuals with disabilities. LQAF patrons with a qualified need have a right to have a service animal at LQAF Annual Events. Legitimate service animals are always welcome guests at all LQAF Annual Events.
Thank You Sponsors! Thanks to our Premier Sponsor, City of La Quinta, we have been able to keep this event affordable for everyone in the community to enjoy. Please come out and express your appreciation to our civic leaders and Sponsors who support events like these which make La Quinta the Gem of the Desert.
Event Photography/Videography Policy
Limited Use of Images Captured at LQAF Events
La Quinta Arts Foundation (“LQAF”) welcomes patrons to enjoy their experience and be able to capture memories of good times at LQAF events. However, LQAF does not allow photography and videography of its events for the gain or promotion of any individual or entity (collectively, a “Person”) other than LQAF.
Any Person (“Licensee”) taking photographs at LQAF’s events is granted a single, non-exclusive, restricted, and revocable permission to capture photographic or videographic images at LQAF events (collectively, the “Images”) under the following terms and conditions:
(1) Licensee shall obtain Model, Minor Model, and Property Releases as required by law.
(2) Licensee agrees to abide by all Federal and State privacy laws governing the capture and distribution of Images obtained at public and/or private events.
(3) Licensee shall not duplicate, publish, transmit, or broadcast the Images in any medium of all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world without the prior express written consent of LQAF.
(4) Licensee shall not sell, trade, or use the Images for monetary gain.
(5) Licensee shall, within ten (10) days of capture of photographic Images, provide LQAF with copies of all photographic Images in jpg. format via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(6) Licensee shall, within ten (10) days of capture of videographic Images, provide LQAF with copies of all videographic Images via email to email@example.com.
(7) Licensee agrees LQAF may use Licensee the Images, in part or whole, and howsoever determined, without compensation or other consideration to Licensee.
(8) Licensee hereby releases and discharges LQAF, its employees, agents, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions that it may now have, or may hereafter have acquire, arising out of or relating to Licensee’s utilization of the license granted herein or LQAF’s use of the Images.
(9) Licensee hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold LQAF, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and associates, and the officers, directors and employees of each of them harmless from and against all losses, costs, damages, judgments, liabilities and expenses arising from any claim whatsoever and whenever brought, which may be brought based, directly or indirectly, upon Licensee’s activities pursuant to the license granted herein.
(10) Licensee understands that a breach by Licensee of any of Licensee’s undertakings hereunder may cause LQAF damage which could not readily be remedied by an action at law. Any such breach would, therefore, entitle LQAF to equitable remedies, costs and attorneys’ fees in addition to any other rights provided by law.
(11) Licensee hereby agrees that, upon Licensee’s failure to comply with any of the foregoing terms and conditions, the license granted hereunder shall be automatically terminated and shall be deemed null and void relating back to the date upon which Licensee captured the initial Image at a LQAF event.
(12) LQAF shall have the right to terminate any license granted hereunder, and withdraw the authorization it has granted hereby at any time immediately upon written notice to Licensee.
(13) The foregoing contains the full and complete understanding and agreement between LQAF and Licensee with respect to the within subject matter, and supersedes all other agreements between LQAF and Licensee, whether written or oral, relating thereto, and may not be modified or amended except by written instrument executed by LQAF and Licensee.
(14) In the event of any dispute arising hereunder, such dispute shall be governed under the laws of the State of California. LQAF and Licensee further agree to be subject to the jurisdiction in courts located in the County of Riverside, State of California.
No Refund Policy
No refunds of admission fees will be made due to inclement weather, cancelled performances, cancelled vendors, cancelled artists, or for the unlikely circumstance of temporary or full closure of the show due any additional factor beyond our control.