Artists of all original fine art and fine craft disciplines may apply. No commercial agents, dealers, or manufacturers may enter. Mass-produced, kits, molds, embellished objects, and commercial reproductions are unacceptable. All artwork must be signed. All artwork displayed must be for sale.
1. Participation and Fees:
A. Artist Participation Agreement and Booth Fee: Artist agrees to return the signed Participation Agreement and pay the Standard Booth Fee no later than December 30, 2012. If paperwork and booth fee are not received by this date, this will be deemed as automatic cancellation. Those artists requesting larger spaces should do so on their Booth Form, included in your confirmation packet. Larger spaces will be confirmed by mid-February 2013, at which time additional booth fees will be due. No phone calls, please!
B. Show Fee: Artist agrees to pay La Quinta Arts Foundation (LQAF) 20% of all sales (excluding tax) made during, commissioned as a result of, or consummated after the close of show through your participation in La Quinta Arts Festival 2013. Artist agrees to report their sales daily and pay the 20% of total sales at the close of the show. Artist agrees to adhere to all financial reporting instructions.
Application Fee – If applicant cancels before October 15, 2012 they are entitled to a refund less $25 administration fee. No refunds of application fee after October 15, 2012.
Booth Fee- If applicant cancels on or before January 14, 2013, a refund less $25 administration fee will be povided. Cancellation by applicant after January 14, 2013 fee may be forfeited.
Show Fee - Artists should clearly state/publish a refund policy with patrons understanding that show fee paid to LQAF may or may not be eligible for refund. Refunds of show fee in part or full will only be considered if documentation is submitted within thirty (30) days; final determination at the sole discretion of LQAF.
Cancellation by LQAF- In the event the show is cancelled by LQAF, refunds will be administered in accordance with Zapp™ Software Small Show License Renewal Agreement dated June 1, 2012 as modified by LQAF. Artist understands in the case of Force Majeure LQAF will not have the ability to provide reasonable advance notice to Artist before show cancellation.
2. Artist Load In & Presence: Artist agrees to be present and in their booth all posted hours of La Quinta Arts Festival, March 7-10, 2013. Show hours are 10 am to 5 pm. Family members and friends do not qualify as being the Artist. Artist must present photo identification at check-in. All large work must be set up on Tuesday, March 5, 2013. All Artists must complete booth set-up by Wednesday, March 6, 2012 at the designated time. Artists will be assigned set-up dates. Please do not assume that you will be setting up on Wednesday. Gates open to the public on Thursday morning, March 7, 2013. Artists may complete finishing touches to their booths and bring in fragile art before the event opens on March 7. Artist may not set-up their entire booth display on Thursday morning. Artist agrees to comply with the Load In and Set Up Schedule.
3. Artist Representation of Original Artwork: Artist agrees that all work submitted to the jury process displayed and presented for sale to the public at La Quinta Arts Festival 2013 has been designed and executed by the accepted artist. All work exhibited must be for sale. Artist certifies that jury images submitted represent his/her original work. No mass-produced kits, molds, embellished objects, commercial reproductions or exhibitor posters are allowed. Artist may display for sale ONLY work juried and accepted in the medium applied. Artist agrees LQAF reserves the right and sole discretion to advise Artist of any work that does not meet LQAF’s standards and take any action deemed necessary to remedy noncompliance, including but not limited to artist (i) requested to leave the Festival grounds; or (ii) denied participation in future LQAF events.
4. Fine Art Multiples:(i.e., prints, giclee) Artists are required to comply with California Civil Code, the Sale of Fine Prints Act (the “Farr Act”) of 1970, requiring a certificate of authenticity be provided with each sale of a fine art multiple. Artist agrees that no more than 20% of their display will be comprised of multiples. LQAF reserves the right to (i) monitor displays of multiples; and (ii) request Artists who violate the provision to remove same from display or leave the Festival grounds.
5. Rules, Regulations, Applicable Laws & Professional Conduct: Artist agrees to abide by all federal, state, and local rules, regulations and laws applicable to La Quinta Arts Festival. Artist understands and agrees that smoking is prohibited at La Quinta Civic Center Campus. Artist agrees to represent them self and La Quinta Arts Foundation in a professional manner. Artist agrees to comply with all LQAF Rules for Participation as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
6. Required Permits, Licenses & Tax:
A. California Seller’s Permit- Artist agrees to obtain a California Seller’s Permit adding the Festival address (78495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253) as a temporary location. Artist must present California Seller’s Permit number in writing to LQAF by February 21, 2013. Go to the California State Board of Equalization website to eRegister.
B. City of La Quinta Business License – Artist agrees to obtain a City of La Quinta Business License prior to artist check-in. La Quinta Temporary Business Licenses are valid for one year. Download the application and information here…
| La Quinta Temporary Business License (39.48KB)|
C. Unavailability of required permits and licenses could be grounds for removal from the show. Artist agrees to have the valid licenses available for inspection in their booth during all show hours.
D. In accordance with the California State Board of Equalization, Artist is required to collect, report, including Riverside County sales tax, designating their sales transacted in La Quinta.
7. Use of Images: Artist understands and grants permission for photographs, video, and other recordings of Artists, displays, and their artwork made by La Quinta Arts Foundation, their agents, assigns, employees, may be used for promotional, advertising, archiving, and/or educational purposes by La Quinta Arts Foundation without remuneration to the Artist. This includes, but is not limited to, use in news releases, print, television, and the LQAF website. Written contracts will be provided to all featured or poster artists.
8. Canopies & Display Agreement: Artist agrees to adhere to the exhibition canopy and display staking requirements detailed under Booth Specifics in 2013 Artist Instruction Guide. These important requirements for the safety and protection of artists, patrons, and artwork are also available on the LQAF website under “Artist Information.” Artist understands non-compliance with requirements will result in removal from La Quinta Arts Festival. Artist further understands and agrees that he/she stores artwork at the Festival site at his/her own risk, and is responsible and liable for his/her own and patrons’ protection.
9. Liability & Release: Artist has read and agrees to all terms and conditions of participation in La Quinta Arts Festival 2013. Artist hereby releases, indemnifies, and holds harmless La Quinta Arts Foundation (LQAF), the City of La Quinta, and all of their employees, volunteers, representatives, assignees, affiliated organizations, vendors and suppliers from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, demands, damages, theft or costs (including attorney’s fees), and for any injury suffered before, during, or after the La Quinta Arts Festival 2013 or as a result of negligence, or failure to perform under this agreement, or other acts, foreseen or unforeseen and howsoever caused, and for the Artist’s work, equipment and materials. Artist hereby releases LQAF and City of La Quinta from all actions, claims, demands that he/she, his/her assigns, heirs, legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injury, death, damage to, or theft of personal property, equipment or artwork. Artist is strongly encouraged to carry liability, personal injury, and theft insurance for their artwork, their personal protection, their assistants and their customer’s protection. No refunds will be given for inclement weather, natural disaster, war, or acts of terrorism.
10. LQAF Sole Discretion: LQAF may, in its sole and absolute discretion, waive any one or more of the Rules For Participation for the benefit of any particular Artist but no such waiver by LQAF shall be construed as a waiver of the Rules For Participation in favor of any other Artist nor prevent LQAF from thereafter enforcing any such Rules For Participation against any and all Artists. The Rules for Participation agreed to by the Artist in the ZAPP™ application process are in addition to, and shall not be construed to in any way modify or amend in whole or in part, the terms and conditions of this LQAF Participation Agreement. In the event any of the ZAPP™ Rules for Participation conflict with any specific provision of the Participation Agreement, this Participation Agreement shall prevail. LQAF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change or make such other reasonable Rules for Participation as, in it judgment, may from time to time be needed for the safety and security of the Festival and its attendees and for the preservation or good order at the Festival. Artist agrees to abide by all such Rules for Participation hereinabove stated and any additional Rule for Participation which is hereafter adopted by LQAF.
11. Involuntary Cancellation: In the event Artist becomes ill or has an emergency during La Quinta Arts Festival which necessitates their departure from the show, LQAF will make a reasonable effort to secure Artist’s display and advise patrons of the cancellation. No art sales will be made on behalf of the Artist by LQAF. If Artist appoints a qualified designee to continue exhibition and sales or remove Artist’s display and artwork, Artist and designee assume full responsibility for compliance with all LQAF rules, regulations and liability releases.
12. Knowing and Voluntary Execution: I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I understand that failure to comply with all La Quinta Arts Festival regulations will result in my removal from the Festival. I am aware that all decisions of La Quinta Arts Foundation are final and may not be arbitrated. This is an enforceable contract and release of liability between myself and La Quinta Arts Foundation and their affiliated organizations and I agree of my own free will.