You’ve never heard a twelve-year-old play the Blues like Ray Goren! He’s been coined a genius, a prodigy, a phenomenon, and a world-class musician. Coming from Sammy Lee, a Blues harmonica player for 30 years, Ray Goren “has a whole lot of soul for a young man. He plays with a feeling. I’ve been around a whole lot of blues people. Lot of people play what they hear. He plays what he feels and you can tell.”
From the time he picked up his first guitar at age eight, to now, Ray Goren has commanded the stage at several popular Southern California Blues festivals, including Doheny Blues Festival (2012), Chicago Blues Festival (2012), Monterey Bay Blues Festival (2012), and the Detroit Jazz Festival (2011). He has also performed with world-renowned musicians including Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang and Robby Krieger.
Are you convinced that Ray Goren & The Generation Blues Experience are an act to witness? We hope so! Join us for the sixth annual La Quinta Blues & Brews…
- WHEN: Saturday, November 17, 2012 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Gates open at 10:30 a.m.)
- WHERE: La Quinta Civic Center Campus, 78495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA
- TICKETS: $20 at the gate; $15 by advance purchase, HERE, through November 14th
- Guests are invited to bring lawn chairs and blankets for lawn seating.
- Sorry, no pets, coolers, umbrellas, or food allowed.
- Parking is free. Photo I.D. is required to purchase alcohol.
- The event will feature three live blues bands, over 30 microbrew and craft beers, great restaurant fare, and wine bar.
La Quinta Blues & Brews is presented by La Quinta Arts Foundation in partnership with its Premier Sponsor, The City of La Quinta.
Visit our other 2012 La Quinta Blues & Brews craft beer and blues articles: